- Your greenhouse must be installed on a firm, strong base. The optional steel
base is perfect, and includes anchor pegs which can be set in concrete (very
important in windy areas). Or you may use a 4x6 (on edge) pressure-treated
lumber base, or even a brick or poured concrete footing. Make sure the base
is both level and square before continuing with the frame assembly to ensure
the glazing panels will fit properly.
- Small gravel or stepping stones are recommended for flooring material.
- If your kit comes with only one or two roof vents, installing them on the
north side will prevent interference with the shadecloth, which will be installed
on the south side. õ Installation of most models can usually be accomplished
by 2 people in a week-end.
- Basic tool list for installation: level, 3/8" ratchet with 10mm socket,
10mm or adjustable wrench, pocketknife, pliers, measuring tape, screwdrivers
(a cordless driver is helpful), gloves, stepladder.
- For questions regarding assembly, call Doug Perkins / The Greenhouse Connection
Tips On Installation